- from CriticalMass Bulletin, Volume 45(1) Spring 2020: The newsletter of the Section on Collective Behavior and Social Movements, American Sociological Association
Highlight your accomplishments for the job market!
Are you going on the sociology job market this year? Do you have students who are going on the market? The CBSM Section of the American Sociological Association (ASA) is publishing a special issue of Critical Mass to highlight the accomplishments of junior social movements scholars. The issue will be published in early August.
To publish your profile, please provide the following:
- Photograph (optional)
- Current affiliation
- List of up to 10 representative publications (including forthcoming publications and works in progress) in ASA or APA format
- 200-word candidate statement in 1st person
- Website and email address
Please send all materials to Critical Mass co-editors Stacy Williams and Daniel McClymonds at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2020.
Tina Fetner, CBSM Section Chair
Drew Halfmann, Thomas Maher, and Lynette Ong, Publications Committee
CBSM at ASA
Our Spring issue of Critical Mass usually contains a schedule of CBSM-related events at ASA. As you probably know, the ASA has decided to cancel the originally scheduled conference for 2020 due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Some conference activities will still take place online. The business meeting for the CBSM section will take place virtually on Tuesday, August 11 at 10:30 am Pacific. The ASA will post the schedule of the virtual sessions and meetings online by July 20th. Read more on ASA’s website: https://www.asanet.org/annual-meeting-2020
Deadline for the Fall 2020 Issue of Critical Mass Bulletin: October 15th
Calls for Papers and Other Opportunities
CALL FOR ADMISSIONS
Scuola Normale Superiore, PhD Grants
Applications due August 27th, 2020
13 Fully Funded PhD Grants, SSNS in Florence, Italy
13 fully funded PhD grants (for 4 years) at the Faculty of Political and Social Sciences of the Scuola Normale Superiore in Florence, where Cosmos is located and where social movement studies are a core topic.
- Call for Admissions: https://normalenews.sns.it/call-for-admission-to-the-postgraduate-course-for-the-2020-202176-places
- The application procedure: https://www.sns.it/en/admissions/phd/how-to-apply-for-the-phd-courses
- The PhD in Political Science and Sociology: https://www.sns.it/en/political-science-and-sociology
- The PhD in Transnational Governance https://www.sns.it/en/transnational-governance